Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Alien head: Texturing

Here I was given an Z-brush model to poly paint and manipulate later in Photoshop based on a theme or animal/s. I decided to base my design on the Marvel character Venom with certain traits of a reptile. For instance I used a mid blue colour for a base and then built up in shades. Once the basis was set I added lip detail with the brush and smaller details using the masking tool to allow me to paint in the crevices whilst leaving larger flat areas untouched. I used the snapshot function to project the web textures to the top of the head and back of the neck and the pupil textures for the eyes.

In Photoshop I added  bone texture for the teeth mainly as it was easier to apply onto a flat uv snapshot rather than onto a 3d object which was near circular. This also allowed me to avoid making a texture which was 100% symmetrical.

No comments:

Post a Comment